Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Graphing non-linear inequalities

Learning target: students can graph non-linear inequalities.

This is a multiple day lesson, where students first start with a game of graphing pictionary.  I hand students this packet and tell them that the person holding it must


Students have to complete the 4 problems

I've also learned that these types of activities work great but they have to be accompanied by practice almost immediately after in order to cement the ideas down so students can actually apply the concepts.


The second day I open with a warm up that requires students to write the equations for a system of inequalities based off of a graph.  Then I hand them a sheet, tell them to figure out what the equations are.  the most important part is that they are going to double check themselves on their own calculator.  I've learned by now that with my 11th grade students activities always run smoother if the lesson is student centered.  They must be able to check their own work.



This turns out to be a great review of function transformations as well

No comments: